|Cairns kayak and Canoe club formation meeting minutes - 22/08/2010.|
- Meeting conducted at 12 Ramsey drive, Kanimbla.
1. Josh Bond
2. Andrew Coluill
3. Debra Hamilton
4. Tim Abinett
5. Chris DeRoma
6. Christian Botella
7. Carl Galea
8. Fraiser Johnson
9. Callum Lawson
10. Dean Charman
11. Lisa Morris
Club name decided and voted in by all persons present unanimously:
- Cairns kayak and Canoe club
Club yearly membership decided on and voted in by all persons present unanimously:
- AUD $35 plus individually selected Canoeing Qld membership fee.
Club committee voted in:
- President - Josh bond, nominated by Fraser Johnson, second by Callum Lawson, unanimously voted in by all present.
- Treasurer - Andrew Coluill, nominated by Josh Bond, second by Carl Galea, unanimously voted in by all present
- Secretary - Debra Hamilton, nominated by Dean Charman, second by Chris DeRoma, unanimously voted in by all present.
- To be scheduled once every three months unless required.
- Committee members to open a club bank account with at least two signatories by week ending 10/09/2010.
- Club memberships to be paid in full, at the next club meeting yet TBA.
Club constitution and objectives:
- Club Constitution voted in unanimously and Objects of the club decided as follows
OBJECTS OF CLUB
The objects for which the Club is established and maintained are to:
(a) To promote all disciplines of paddle sports including, but not restricted to White Water kayaking, freestyle kayaking, canoe polo, sea kayaking, flat water kayaking, and slalom.
(b) To hold local, regional, state, national, and international competitions in all disciplines of paddle sports including, but not restricted to White Water kayaking, freestyle kayaking, canoe polo, sea kayaking, flat water kayaking, and slalom.
(c) To hold come and try days, Family fun days, and demonstration days to improve paddle sports in all disciplines, and be an active club within the broader community
(d) To provide a direct contact point for all new coming paddlers and existing paddlers to meet, train and organise events their chosen discipline
(e) To promote the Far Northern Region and sustainable eco tourism within the region
(f) To maintain access to rivers, and improve access to restricted rivers and water sources.
(g) To improve river and water safety, and promote river and water safety awareness.
(h) To increase awareness off, and to maintain the health of the Far North Queensland waterways.
(i) To promote Far North Queensland as a must attend destination for white water paddler, and outdoor enthusiast.
Club goals discussed and decided upon:
- To hold Competitions in Canoe polo, white water freestyle and down river races within the next financial year.
- To raise funds for club equipment.
- To hold come and try days, family fun days, and demonstration days in Canoe polo, white water freestyle and down river races within the next financial year.
- To apply for grants and government funding to obtain club equipment, allow club members to be trained as kayak instructors, and to train all members who wish to participate in swift water rescue.
- To host a national freestyle event
- To create a slalom course
- To involve other organisations such a TAFE to further membership numbers and assist the club in achieving its goals.
- To obtain sponsors to assist the club financially.
- To gain access to restricted rivers.
- To form subcommittees within the club who will represent each individual discipline, and assist with organising competitions, and other social activities within their respective discipline.
Next meeting scheduled to be held within the next two to three weeks to pay membership and complete all necessary paperwork.